Question

Sonos Connect loses LAN ethernet connection completely

• 20 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a fairly extensive 9 zone Sonos network, via a ubiquity network… running STP on my switches. 4 zones are hardwired to my LAN, and the others are connected to one of my Connect:Amps via sonosnet.  On that device, i have wifi on.

I added another Connected (purchased used), and hardwired it to my LAN on the same switch as another connect that has been working fine. This new (used) Connect keeps dropping off my network, and i notice the LAN port lights will stop blinking. If i hard boot, this usually fixes it for some small time. 

I tried to disable wifi on the newest connect, and that seems to work for a bit as well, then it somehow automatically re-enables wifi on that device. 

when in press play/pause, the white light stays solid. 

A reboot brings it back as before…. then it drops after some undetermined time. After reboot, ping works fine.  

I rebooted, and then did a diagnostic.  998826575

5-6 hours later it dropped off again and the lights (green/yellow) on the LAN connection are completely off. 

I tried pinging it and as suspected, nothing. 

Would love some additional thoughts here. 

Thanks. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I’d guess someone unloaded a faulty Connect on you.

If you don’t get a response here (the admins try but do miss a few posts) call Sonos on Monday.

Badge +2

I’d guess someone unloaded a faulty Connect on you.

If you don’t get a response here (the admins try but do miss a few posts) call Sonos on Monday.

That was my fear when i originally got it… but then it worked perfectly for months.  I looked back in my Ubiquiti logs, and it happened right after a power outage (for about a minute).

I have all of my networking gear on UPSs, but not my music/AV stuff, including this connect. It shouldn’t be an IP issue then… as i also have it set with a static IP.