Answered

Sonos Arc + Sub connection

• 23 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

Can someone provide some insight into what protocols are used over a wireless network when a Sub joins an Arc. I understand it builds a small network between the two, however it doesn't establish over my current wireless network. I most likely need to allow enable something in the wireless settings for this to work.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Update - Title autocorrected to arch for some reason…..

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 November 2021, 09:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Sub IP request is proxied via the Arc. Some routers' DHCP servers don't like this. 

A router change could be the answer. 

The alternative is to wire a Sonos device (not the Sub) to the network, putting the system into SonosNet mode. 

Yep i do, i setup another Wireless network thats a different manufacturer and it worked. However on my primary wireless network, for some reason it wont connect. I believe it may have something to do with how it gets and IP once the private network is established.

Userlevel 7

The Arc will use a private, local 5GHz signal to communicate directly with the Sub. Be sure you have WiFi enabled under both the Arc and Sub’s settings in the Sonos app.