Answered

Sonos Arc + Sub connection

• 23 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

Can someone provide some insight into what protocols are used over a wireless network when a Sub joins an Arc. I understand it builds a small network between the two, however it doesn't establish over my current wireless network. I most likely need to allow enable something in the wireless settings for this to work.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Update - Title autocorrected to arch for some reason…..

icon

Best answer by ratty 23 November 2021, 09:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Arc will use a private, local 5GHz signal to communicate directly with the Sub. Be sure you have WiFi enabled under both the Arc and Sub’s settings in the Sonos app.

Yep i do, i setup another Wireless network thats a different manufacturer and it worked. However on my primary wireless network, for some reason it wont connect. I believe it may have something to do with how it gets and IP once the private network is established.

The Sub IP request is proxied via the Arc. Some routers' DHCP servers don't like this. 

A router change could be the answer. 

The alternative is to wire a Sonos device (not the Sub) to the network, putting the system into SonosNet mode.