Answered

Sonos Amp: S2 & outdoor projector

• 17 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Good evening, 

Last month I installed the Sonos Amp with two outdoor speakers on the back patio. The Amp is in our pool house and we enjoying streaming music with the S2 app.  I'd like to set up an outdoor projector so the kids can watch movies, and ideally have the sound play through the speakers (S2 app)?  From my research I'm hearing that I need a projector with HDMI arc?  If this is the case I cannot find an outdoor projector with this option.  Any thoughts?  I have a Samsung Note 11 for a phone.  My hope was to stream Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime Video and have all the audio play on the speakers.  I appreciate the help and feedback!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 June 2022, 03:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You can find a projector with an optical port and use this Sonos optical adapter to connect the projector to the Amp:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/optical-audio-adapter

Okay thank you!

I found a projector with hdmi arc, ran about $650.  I just hope it has enough lumens for outdoor use....when it's not pitch black. Fingers crossed connecting to the Amp.