Answered

sonos Amp for height and music

• 9 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I will be using the Sonos amp’s RCA Line In from my home theater preamp’s Height channel outputs.

They will be connected to my In ceiling speakers to be used as Atmos  height channels. Because height channels cannot be repurposed as a stereo pair for music, would the Sonos amp solve my problem and automatically switch between network airplay and the line in height channels ?

icon

Best answer by ratty 9 February 2022, 18:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The Amp’s RCA Line-In has a minimum delay of 75ms. Unless you can delay the other channels from the HT preamp by a similar amount you’ll end up with timing skew and a distinctly unpleasant experience. 

Because height channels cannot be repurposed as a stereo pair for music, would the Sonos amp solve my problem and automatically switch between network airplay and the line in height channels ?

Yes.  You can set the amp to autoplay from the aux input whenever it detects audio. Bus as stated already, the delay will make it unusable for your purpose.