Question

Sonos AMP and Satellite TV service

• 23 November 2019
  • 3 replies

What will be the topology when I connect my smart TV and Sonos AMP, and I want my Stellite TV box to be connected as well.  Can someone draw the connection map (music/contorl flow) of this connection.

I want to understand who do I connect every thing and control it if I buy a Sonos AMP and replace my existing DENON AMP which is my current entertaiment center…

Thank You,  Jacob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The easiest way is to connect the Satellite Receiver to your smart TV, using a HDMI connection, (note some Smart TV’s may have the Receiver built-in)… anyhow, that aside, you then connect the Sonos Amp to the TV using the HDMI-ARC connection… all being well that will work with no issues and audio will play to the connected Amp speakers/surrounds.

Another option is to use an HDMI-ARC DD5.1 audio extractor/splitter … the Satellite Receiver connects to this and the audio signal passes direct to the connected Sonos Amp and the video signal outputs to the TV. Just make sure the splitter/extractor has HDMI-ARC connection and supports DD 5.1 pass-through.

Personally speaking, I prefer the first method above and I would only use the second method, if I discovered an audio delay lip-sync issue when passing the audio signal via the smart TV.

Thank You Ken.

That’s okay and whilst I prefer to run such a setup through the TV itself, here is the type of audio splitter that I was referring to. (Just for info. if you prefer that route/option).

https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Audio-Extractor-Splitter-Converter/dp/B07DFDQ6HG/ref=sr_1_7