Answered

Sonos Account

• 11 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Using Sonos with more than one account. Is it possible to use multiple Sonos accounts for the one location. I have Sonos at home. When I visit other houses that also have Sonos, I can connect to their system but don't have access to my playlists etc.
icon

Best answer by pwt 11 April 2019, 20:17

All of your Sonos settings (playlists, music services, etc.) are stored on your Sonos speakers, not in the controller apps or as part of your Sonos account on Sonos's systems. So, when you connect to Sonos systems in other locations, you'll only see the settings local to those Sonos systems in your controller app.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All of your Sonos settings (playlists, music services, etc.) are stored on your Sonos speakers, not in the controller apps or as part of your Sonos account on Sonos's systems. So, when you connect to Sonos systems in other locations, you'll only see the settings local to those Sonos systems in your controller app.
If I download music from Amazon to my portable device, I assume that this would be available to play via a different system?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If I download music from Amazon to my portable device, I assume that this would be available to play via a different system?
Yes. Content local to your controller device should work the same way for any Sonos system to which the device connects.
Thanks