Sonos 5.2.4 need help

• 19 December 2021
  • 2 replies

So, I have been setting up my own home theater set up in my basement and not sure if I should how to improve the sound. I like everything except the bass. I’m a big fanatic of feeling that bass in music and movies just makes it more immersive listening experience IMO. I can feel only when I increase the sub audio to +15. But, I lower the volume all I hear is the bass and it’s annoying. May be due to the placement of the subs in my area. It is pretty big. It’s 31’x 25’ and also a big and also a little awkward space. My plan was Sonos Arc for front + center speakers (should be here before Christmas 🤞🏻), I have 4 sonos ceiling speakers with an amp for my surrounds and 2 subs gen 3. Would like some advice to make my listening experience better. Any advice would be helpful thank you. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Okay thanks I’ll see what I can do. It’s kinda hard to add acoustic panels due to the fact that it’s a multi purpose room. We use to watch movies/television and also to gather and dance. I’m not looking for ultimate experience but a better experience for guest.

Your room has a lot of hard surfaces that isn’t ideal for a home theater. You might consider adding carpet or a larger rug. You can also add acoustic panels to the walls.

For Sub placement, try placing one Sub at the front left corner of the room and one Sub at the back right corner.

Be sure you also perform Trueplay tuning after you set up your speakers. If you don’t have an iOS device to do Trueplay, borrow one from a friend or relative. It only needs to be performed once.

FYI…technically you can only have two surround channels in a Sonos home theater setup. If you use four surround speakers with the Amp, the four speakers will only play two channels of audio: left rear surround out of two speakers and right rear surround out of the two other speakers.

Userlevel 7

Your room has a lot of hard surfaces that isn’t ideal for a home theater. You might consider adding carpet or a larger rug. You can also add acoustic panels to the walls.

For Sub placement, try placing one Sub at the front left corner of the room and one Sub at the back right corner.

Be sure you also perform Trueplay tuning after you set up your speakers. If you don’t have an iOS device to do Trueplay, borrow one from a friend or relative. It only needs to be performed once.

FYI…technically you can only have two surround channels in a Sonos home theater setup. If you use four surround speakers with the Amp, the four speakers will only play two channels of audio: left rear surround out of two speakers and right rear surround out of the two other speakers.