Show your weird setups

• 28 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
  • Prominent Collaborator II
  • 114 replies
What is the strangest / biggest / best setup you have or seen

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Some of the demo setups I've seen have been insane. Multiple SUBS and devices, soundbars, PLAY:5's with smaller players dotted around... In a domestic setting, however, the craziest I've seen is my own... Eight PLAY:1's.

Just realised I need to get out more. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Haha
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
8! I really want to do a massive overkill setup but I have no reason, just the urge
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Yeah, stereo pairs of PLAY:1's are my favourite. Can you tell?

What did you have in mind?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
I'm not really sure, this is my current setup: https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/sharing-my-new-sonos-setup-with-vinyl-player-and-tv-connection-6797724

Which was enjoyable to setup, I might upgrade to the Sonos Amp in the future.

I've seen setups with racks of connects and connect amps but not sure of their uses
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Man, that looks killer. I really like the LED's in the vinyl cupboard, very nice touch. My mum gave me her Pioneer HiFi from the 80's which I'm yet to hook up in this flat (space is a concern). Definitely getting some inspiration from your setup though.

Ah, yeah, in my early days at Sonos when I was on the support line, we had some installers call in at times to troubleshoot these rack setups. Or the clients rang in, not having put the devices in themselves... That was fun trying to figure out which amp went where. Usually, those rack setups are for larger properties where they don't want to have devices placed in the rooms themselves; they have them in one central location, then feed wire to the respective rooms. Usually to ceiling-mounted speakers. I must admit, I do try and put my speakers in locations where they are not easily seen. Then again, I don't have a setup like yours. Haha