setting up Play 5's for surround.

• 22 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
I have Next Gen Play 5's that I was using for surrounds and suddenly the LS, or left surround stopped working. I cannot set them, up again. Starting with the LS I always get a message that an error in setup has been encountered. Would I like to retry? I have and it ever has worked. :?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Best to run an Ethernet cable to it, then run a diagnostic, and call in to Sonos.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Thank you. I will do that
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Let me explain this more clearly. I have been using this setup as a 5.1 system since 9/15/2018. About a week ago, I lost the LS(left surround) Play 5(2nd gen) speaker from the system. The Sonos Playbar+Sub in boost setup still work perfectly fine. I also have the same type of Playbar+Sub setup in my master bedroom, no rears in that room. When trying to re-setup the Play 5's as they were previously used as rears for 5.1, I always get an error message when starting AS STATED IN THE SONOS instructions with he LS(left surround). It asks if I would like to try again and I do and it never works. No router or WiFi change and the Playbar is hardwired in Most setup. Trying to reach Sonos is not easy which I find unusual since I live only about 60 miles south of the main office in Santa Barbara.
I would still call in to Sonos.
Or try their 24/7 twitter support service.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Solved, I hope. Hardwired one Play 5 to the router, sent a diagnostic to Sonos, chatted online on the Facebook account. A replacement is being sent from Sonos. One Play 5 had WiFi issues and only 4 months old so still under warranty,. Thanks you all for you suggestions.