Question

Setting up old Play1's on a new system

• 28 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I have two original version Play1’s that I was using on my home system; I bought a new Boost and have taken the old Play1’s to my summer house.  I attached the Boost to the summer house WiFi (ethernet) OK but the Play1’s won’t add.  Did a factory reset to one of them and wired it to the router and it forced  an update to it. but then, that play1 was recognized by the app as its own system and not associated with the Boost - the Boost kept asking me to add a speaker - I unplugged the play1 (both power and ethernet)  and restarted the Play1 but no dice. Tried moving the speaker next to both the Boost and the Router and no diff.  Not sure what I should do next. . . 

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi CharlieV

Reboot your router. Delete and reinstall the Sonos app. Since you FR’d one speaker go ahead and FR everything. After that set-up the Boost wired to your router and just add the Play 1’s as individual speakers or stereo pair. You shouldn’t have to wire them to your router. 

Cheers!

Thanks! I’ll give it a try this when I can access the router again. Much appreciated.