Answered

Setting up MOVE on multiple WIFI

• 10 December 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a Wifi extender that covers Wifi dead spots in our house. 

I want to be able to have the MOVE speaker recognize and connect to either network depending on where the MOVE speaker is located at the time.  I can’t figure out how to configure it to 2 wifi networks - please help?  thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 13 December 2019, 21:49

Hi SkyBar, when it’s connected to a wireless network, the Move won’t try to connect to a different one. Is there somewhere you could go in the house where the Move wouldn’t be able to see the first network at all? That may be tricky since the Move has a very powerful wireless card. If that won’t work, any chance you can turn off the wireless broadcast from the one it’s currently connected to for a few minutes so you can teach the Move to connect with the other one?

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi SkyBar, when it’s connected to a wireless network, the Move won’t try to connect to a different one. Is there somewhere you could go in the house where the Move wouldn’t be able to see the first network at all? That may be tricky since the Move has a very powerful wireless card. If that won’t work, any chance you can turn off the wireless broadcast from the one it’s currently connected to for a few minutes so you can teach the Move to connect with the other one?