Send HDMI (Arc) over Ethernet to Sonos AMP

• 8 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have in-ceiling speakers (2) in our kitchen, the speaker wire terminates two floors up in a media closet. The TV in that kitchen has ethernet run from behind it to the aforementioned media closet.

Can I come out of the TV with HDMI (ARC) and use a transmitter or adapter to use Cat 5e cable to send that signal to the media closet and end it off with HDMI into the Sonos Amp?

I have been looking at products like this but not sure if it will work. J-Tech Digital HDMI Extender By Single Cat 5E/6/7 Full Hd 1080P With Deep Color, EDID Copy, Dolby Digital/DTS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G5RBX2Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2qDGCbEY84N0D

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +3
I have in-ceiling speakers (2) in our kitchen, the speaker wire terminates two floors up in a media closet. The TV in that kitchen has ethernet run from behind it to the aforementioned media closet.

Can I come out of the TV with HDMI (ARC) and use a transmitter or adapter to use Cat 5e cable to send that signal to the media closet and end it off with HDMI into the Sonos Amp?

I have been looking at products like this but not sure if it will work. J-Tech Digital HDMI Extender By Single Cat 5E/6/7 Full Hd 1080P With Deep Color, EDID Copy, Dolby Digital/DTS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G5RBX2Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2qDGCbEY84N0D

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance!

As stated, look for an extender that does ARC.
Go to that Amazon page. Type 'arc' into the 'Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews' box:

Q: Is hdmi arc from the tv supported?
A: No, these devices are Not HDMI ARC.

Q: Does this work send an ARC signal?
A: If the ARC is supposed to go in 2 directions, then, no. The extender has a send unit and a receive unit.