Send HDMI (Arc) over Ethernet to Sonos AMP

• 8 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have in-ceiling speakers (2) in our kitchen, the speaker wire terminates two floors up in a media closet. The TV in that kitchen has ethernet run from behind it to the aforementioned media closet.

Can I come out of the TV with HDMI (ARC) and use a transmitter or adapter to use Cat 5e cable to send that signal to the media closet and end it off with HDMI into the Sonos Amp?

I have been looking at products like this but not sure if it will work. J-Tech Digital HDMI Extender By Single Cat 5E/6/7 Full Hd 1080P With Deep Color, EDID Copy, Dolby Digital/DTS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G5RBX2Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2qDGCbEY84N0D

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Go to that Amazon page. Type 'arc' into the 'Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews' box:

Q: Is hdmi arc from the tv supported?
A: No, these devices are Not HDMI ARC.

Q: Does this work send an ARC signal?
A: If the ARC is supposed to go in 2 directions, then, no. The extender has a send unit and a receive unit.
Badge +3
I have in-ceiling speakers (2) in our kitchen, the speaker wire terminates two floors up in a media closet. The TV in that kitchen has ethernet run from behind it to the aforementioned media closet.

Can I come out of the TV with HDMI (ARC) and use a transmitter or adapter to use Cat 5e cable to send that signal to the media closet and end it off with HDMI into the Sonos Amp?

I have been looking at products like this but not sure if it will work. J-Tech Digital HDMI Extender By Single Cat 5E/6/7 Full Hd 1080P With Deep Color, EDID Copy, Dolby Digital/DTS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G5RBX2Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2qDGCbEY84N0D

Any thoughts or ideas? Thank you in advance!

As stated, look for an extender that does ARC.