Answered

Samsung Smart TV series 6, Sonos and HDMI splitter

• 17 January 2021
  • 6 replies

The Sonos Beam seems to be overriding the ability to use a 4 channel HDMI splitter in my TV inputs. I am trying to use a splitter to connect Apple TV (new generation), PS4, and a Nintendo Switch. The other HDMI port on my TV is used for cable TV and the other port is used for the Beam. The TV is not ‘seeing’ the available port that the 4 channel splitter is plugged into.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 January 2021, 21:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Is it a splitter or an HDMI switch? What specific splitter/switch are you using?

I got it from Amazon. This is the description from their site:                                                             4K@60Hz HDMI Switch, 5 Port 5x1 4K HDMI 2.0 Switcher Splitter with IR Remote Control Support HDR & HDCP 2.2 Support 4K@60Hz Ultra HD 3D 2160P 1080P for PS3/PS4, Xbox 360/One, HDTV, Blu-Ray Player

Userlevel 7

What brand is the switch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This one? https://www.amazon.com/Switcher-Splitter-Control-Support-Blu-Ray/dp/B08CVT52RP

Userlevel 7

@MickDoodle I would try using a different HDMI cable for your switch or try using a completely different HDMI switch.

It might also be that the HDMI ports on your TV (you have 3 inputs) are not a HDMI 2.0 complaint.  I’ve seen some TVs where 1 or 2 are 2.0, and the remaining are 1.4.  In other words, I would trying switching your HDMI switch and cable TV input to the TV.  You may have to run the cable TV through the HDMI switch.  If your TV has an optical output, you may want to consider that for the Beam, and plug your HDMI switch into the ARC port (which is probably the best port on the TV).