Answered

replicate playlists on a new system

• EAF
  • Contributor I
  • 1 reply
How does one replicate playlists from one Sonos system to an entirely new system at a different location (like a second home)?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 January 2019, 22:08

Since there's no way of exporting and importing playlists, it involves adding a speaker to the original system. At that point, all of your playlists will be copied onto the speaker. Then you'd take it to the new location, and add that speaker to the new system...I'd use an ethernet cable, and the data from that speaker should be copied to the other speakers. What you don't want to do is setup a new speaker on that second system, which would just erase all the data. Just wire it to the router, and it should show up.

View original

3 replies

Since there's no way of exporting and importing playlists, it involves adding a speaker to the original system. At that point, all of your playlists will be copied onto the speaker. Then you'd take it to the new location, and add that speaker to the new system...I'd use an ethernet cable, and the data from that speaker should be copied to the other speakers. What you don't want to do is setup a new speaker on that second system, which would just erase all the data. Just wire it to the router, and it should show up.
Thanks. I guess I need to bring a Play 1 in my suitcase. Also, it also means I'll have two entirely different sets of playlists. Not ideal, but again, thanks.
Since the Sonos system is stored locally, on your Sonos system, and not in the cloud, it's unfortunately necessary.

However, if your playlists are not Sonos based, but instead say on one of the cloud services, then it would just play as desired. The data that gets stored locally is the issue.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings