Removing 1 of 2 subs

• 28 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I have 2 x  Sonos Subs (Gen 3) connected to my home theatre system in my Living Room - Arc + OneSL (L) + One SL(R)

I have purchased 2 more OneSL for another room and want to separate one of the Subs from my existing system to pair with the new speakers. 

How do I remove just 1 of the Subs as the tab in Settings just nominates ‘Remove Subs’

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Probably because the Subs are seen as one by the system? Why not remove both Subs and then add one back? Remember you have to do the Trueplay again…….

Thanks. Do I need to reset the Subs to factory settings or will Forget Subs do that anyway.? Just thinking that they will automatically go searching for existing set up when re-powered back on. 

Forget Subs should work OK. I haven’t followed this exact path. After the forget, the SUB’s will probably ask to be reassigned to new rooms.

I don’t think that it will be necessary, but it would be safe to Factory Reset the two SUB’s after they have been removed from the ARC.

Thanks for the advice.