Answered

Receiver with Beam

• 15 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I have cut the cable cord and will be streaming all music and video. The cable function I would sorely miss are the music channels. I listen to FM music a good deal of the time.

I have a Sony 900F smart TV, Sony blu-ray BDP-S3700, and a new Yamaha RX-V485 (which is still in the box). The receiver has just about every connection I should ever need: ethernet, HDMI-ARC Out, 4 additional HDMI IN, Bluetooth, WiFi, radio antennae, digital audio, and coax. The TV has similar connections, but no radio antenna and only 4 HDMI (which are all IN including the labelled HDMI-ARC).

My goal is to have the Beam provide the audio for whatever device is in use.  Satisfying this goal (and using FM radio) is very important to me. Just FYI, I suspect I will run an ethernet cable from the router to either the receiver or the TV to decrease WiFi use.

Thank you so much for your help, advice, and suggestions. JG312

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 June 2020, 19:24

All Sonos soundbars are meant to replace A/V receivers, they do not work with them.  I’m afraid it isn’t possible to do like you wish.  

View original

1 reply

All Sonos soundbars are meant to replace A/V receivers, they do not work with them.  I’m afraid it isn’t possible to do like you wish.