Answered

Rear Speakers + Sub for Music

• 18 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Good morning,

I've been happily running a Sonos Sub and new Amp with a set of Bowers & Wilkins 607 shelf speakers for a couple of months for music only. I've recently added a Sonos beam to the TV and have got the set configured as a 5.1 system which I'm very happy with.

Unfortunately the music quality in the room seems to have dropped since adding the beam (particularly bass from the sub). I was wondering whether it's possible to just use the amp, rears and sub when listening to music? I've tweaked the setting to push the volume of the rears up when playing music but the sub if definitely much quieter even when set to full beans....

Many thanks

Craig
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 May 2019, 21:00

Not and maintain the connection as a 5.1 system, no. You could conceivably go in and reduce the volume on the Beam when listening to music, but I'm not convinced that would alter the circumstances significantly.

However, you should double check that you have set up the surrounds to be playing "full" rather than "ambient" in the room settings for the Beam.
View original

1 reply

Not and maintain the connection as a 5.1 system, no. You could conceivably go in and reduce the volume on the Beam when listening to music, but I'm not convinced that would alter the circumstances significantly.

However, you should double check that you have set up the surrounds to be playing "full" rather than "ambient" in the room settings for the Beam.