Re-order music sources

• 24 March 2020
  • 4 replies

I know this is a request raised numerous times and closed by moderators, but I'd like the Sonos crew to reconsider it.
Can you add the possibility to rearrange the music sources in the search field? Having to scroll down all my apps just because my most used app starts with a 'T' seems a little bit outdated. It doesn’t seem to be is a hard thing to add in a new version.

4 replies

I know this is a request raised numerous times and closed by moderators, but I'd like the Sonos crew to reconsider it.
Can you add the possibility to rearrange the music sources in the search field? Having to scroll down all my apps just because my most used app starts with a 'T' seems a little bit outdated. It doesn’t seem to be is a hard thing to add in a new version.

Closed by moderators?  Threads only get closed if there too many contentious issues between users, or if the thread has aged significantly with no one posting to the thread.  To my knowledge, Sonos has never closed a feature request thread for other reasons.

Regardless, I’d second the suggestion, and maybe it’s something that can be added to S2.  In the mean time, you might want to see if you can add the app/station as a favorite and then use the My Sonos feature where you have more customization available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thirded.  Good idea.

I think the search facility is the one main area of the Sonos App that needs attention... it would be nice to be able to filter out some ‘services’ during search and introduce a more advanced ‘Boolean’ search with ‘sounds like’ and ‘wild card’ features.

Maybe the ’Modern App’ will bring about something new after the changes in May/June.🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Use the PC app, it searches one service at a time, instead of the mad “search everything” mode that the mobile apps have.