Answered

Questions about my Matrix

• 6 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

First, here is an overview of my setup.

Main Router is an ASUS RT-AC5300

-----------------------------------------------

Connected via cat 6 cable to the router is a NETGEAR 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS316)

Connected via cat 6 cable to the Netgear Switch are the following Sonos devices:

Sonos Connect (Basement Yamaha) with wireless radio turned off

Sonos Connect (Great Room Yamaha) with wireless radio turned off

Sonos Play:3 (Kitchen) with wireless radio turned off

Sonos Playbar (Great Room TV) with wireless radio ON using Sonos Net WM:0

I then have 2ea Sonos One’s (Gen 1) connected wireless as surrounds to the Playbar using Sonos Net WM:0

Here is an image of my matrix

Now for my questions:

1- Based on my research, I assume the orange block in the left column is wireless interference. Is this correct and should I worry about it?

2- If I add a Sonos Sub to the Great Room TV, would it be better to add it Wired, or Wireless. The Sub would sit right next to the entertainment console which contains the 16 port Netgear switch, so I can easily wire it. Just not sure if I would get a benefit one way or the other.

3- Looking at my Matrix, is there anything I can do to improve my setup?

Thank you in advance,

Robert 

icon

Best answer by John B 6 January 2020, 21:01

Hi.

1. Yes that indicates moderate interference.  It probably wouldn't matter even if that device were wireless. As it is wired it definitely doesn't matter.

2. I'd say leave it wireless because it gets all its data via the Playbar over 5GHz wireless.

3. No I don't think so. If you are not experiencing any problems then I would leave well alone.

View original

1 reply

Hi.

1. Yes that indicates moderate interference.  It probably wouldn't matter even if that device were wireless. As it is wired it definitely doesn't matter.

2. I'd say leave it wireless because it gets all its data via the Playbar over 5GHz wireless.

3. No I don't think so. If you are not experiencing any problems then I would leave well alone.