Answered

Problem reconnecting Roam and Move to network after power outage- all other products work

• 4 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I have many speakers around the house.  Sonos1, Play 1, Play 3, Play Base, Move, and Roam.  Until the other day when the power went out everything worked fine.  When the power came back on all units reconnected except the Roam and the Move.  After multiple factory resets and re-adds (per the guidance on the app) I am still not able to add either of these to the network.  Spent a couple of hours on this now so it’s time to post and get some group help or be contacted directly by a technical SONOS person who can resolve this for me ASAP.  Quite frustrating that this is not easier.  And both units behaving the same when adding and the along the way status messages.  Appreciate the help

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 April 2022, 03:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your router and phone, then reboot the Move and Roam by following these steps:

Sonos Move

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Sonos Roam

1. Disconnect Roam from charging cables and remove it from wireless chargers.
  2. Hold the button on the back of Roam for at least five seconds until you hear the power-off tone and the light above the Sonos logo turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the button on the back of Roam to turn it back on.