Power-save when running over normal WiFi?

Userlevel 2
Hi,
after upgrading to 5.1 I took the step to start using my normal WiFi. The Sonos-only network worked fine but since I have multiple switches I have experienced the STP-problems now and then, specially after a power-outage.

I run a UniFi network with several APs and I see the various ZP (I have six in the network at home) connected.

What I don't see is now my question - players that no longer play are still active on the network. Being environmentally concerned I simply wonder if the ZP still goes into power-conservation mode (like switching off amplifiers) even if they are on the standard WiFi network.

/Mattias

2 replies

Yes, regardless of network connection, Sonos components will enter a low power mode (turning off amplifiers, for example) when music is not being played.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
You might still be in "SonosNet mode" if you have at least one speaker wired, if http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=41433 is correct.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings