Question

port EQ does nothing

• 1 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I just setup my port with existing Sonos speakers, but within my system menu, the port is in a separate group with no speakers and then there is another group with all the speakers and no port. Is that how it should be, or should my port be in the same group as the rest of my speakers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I’m not too sure what you mean here. Any chance of a screenshot, or two, please, so we can try to help.

I have attached a screenshot of part of my system menu showing how my Port appears in the list there, just for comparison purposes.

My biggest issue is under the Port options, there are Sound options within, for instance, an EQ that allows for balance coming from the left or right, bass and treble.

These don’t actually control anything, but maybe that is what should happen. I can use the EQ that exists with my current speaker setup,

but then now when I watch tv, my setting are messed up and I need to adjust them again. 

What’s actually connected to your Port’s ‘line out’ and what do the Port’s ‘Line Out Level’ settings show (variable, or pass-through)?