Question

Podcast won't play

• 7 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I am attempting to play a podcast from iheartradio, when I play the podcast it appears to be running then after silence for about 10-15 seconds I get an error stating “unable to play, network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer.”  I have an commercial grade network and just tested my internet, 119 MBPS download, 47 MBPS upload….network is fine!  The issue started right about when the apps updated.  

3 replies

That’s just the speed between your router and the outside world. The error is referring to the speed between your speakers and the router. You are likely suffering from wifi interference, although there’s also a small possibility of a duplicate IP address issue.

Beyond the solutions in that FAQ, I’d recommend a simple local network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

If the problem persists, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

When you talk to the phone folks, there are more options available. They are available Monday through Friday during business hours.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.  

I understand networking pretty well, there is no IP address conflict, and moreover this is the only podcast where the issue persists.  I would think that if I'm getting interference this would not be the only content having an issue. 

I believe erandt26 is correct. I have refreshed the network as suggested and removed/reinstalled Iheart radio in Sonos. No luck. This appears to be a problem with the Sonos product. I can get the podcast on my phone.