Answered

PLEASE HELP -- Using Sonos for Klipsch wired speakers + Onkyo HT system.

• 27 May 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi guys,

I just purchased a Klipsch home theater system and I am hoping to also connect speakers in other rooms to the system as a separate zone setup for wireless. I was planning to try to run wires through the condo, but it's a pain, so I was considering getting the rocketfish wireless unit just to connect to my Onkyo's zone 2 and 3 outputs. I've recently come across the Sonos and I am wondering if it can help me achieve the same thing with better quality and also I hope you can help me figure out the most cost-effective way to do this (do I need to get a Sonos connect:amp for everything? What else do I need to get everything going?).

The background:

I purchased a Klipsch reference bundle, but ended up getting the reference premier set as well. Now I will be selling the reference subwoofer and center speaker and the yamaha receiver that came with the reference bundle, but keeping everything else. Here is my hopeful plan if you guys can help it come to fruition:

Home theater setup:

Onky RZ830
Klipsch 8060FA floor standing pair
Klipsch 504C center
Klipsch RP500M rears
Klipsch SPL120 sub
-----
Extra speakers I was hoping to make wireless:

Klipsch 625FA floorstanding pair -- was hoping to put these in the bedroom for music
Klipsch R-41 bookshelf speakers -- hoping to put these in another bedroom for music.
Klipsch 52c center -- thinking about putting this one in the bathroom for music.

Also, I have a set of KRK Rokit VXT6 studio monitors and subwoofer that I have connected to my computer in my home office. Is there any way to use Sonos to connect to them as well while leaving them connected to the computer? That way, I can play music throughout the entire house and use the existing studio monitors rather than putting additional speakers in there.

Thanks for all the help!
icon

Best answer by i3eezenotch 31 May 2019, 06:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi @i3eezenotch, the Connect and Amp are likely what you're looking to use. If you have the old Connect:Amp (as opposed to the new Sonos Amp), you'll have a bit less power overall, but should be able to sufficiently run two pairs of 8Ohms speakers off of each Connect:Amp. Each Sonos player counts as a single "room" in Sonos. So if you have a Connect:Amp powering multiple rooms worth of speakers, you would only be able to control them in the Sonos app as a single room. Looks like you've got 3-4 players there, so you shouldn't have any trouble with that.

You can group multiple Sonos players together to play the same content. From what you're looking to do, those players should work fine.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this going!
bump. I got the sonos connect amp x 2 and connect x 1...waiting to get one more connect. I think this will solve my problem. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi @i3eezenotch, the Connect and Amp are likely what you're looking to use. If you have the old Connect:Amp (as opposed to the new Sonos Amp), you'll have a bit less power overall, but should be able to sufficiently run two pairs of 8Ohms speakers off of each Connect:Amp. Each Sonos player counts as a single "room" in Sonos. So if you have a Connect:Amp powering multiple rooms worth of speakers, you would only be able to control them in the Sonos app as a single room. Looks like you've got 3-4 players there, so you shouldn't have any trouble with that.

You can group multiple Sonos players together to play the same content. From what you're looking to do, those players should work fine.