Question

PLAYBAR & Separate Surround Sound

• 30 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

I am in the process of designing my home home theater system and need some insight on the best way to integrate a PLAYBAR, alongside a 5.1 surround sound system. In my ideal world, I would use the 5.1 surround sound for movies and sporting events when the family is watching. However, I am an early riser and am not in love with the idea of waking up the whole house watching the news in the morning, insert PLAYBAR.

Here is a bit more detail on my components:
- LG TV
- TV Source: Over-the-Air Antenna
- Audio: Optical out of TV to PLAYBAR
- Other Video Source: Sony Blu-ray
- Harmony Remote allows for Activity Setup

After integrating the receiver, I would plan to run the optical cable from the TV down to the receiver, instead of the PLAYBAR, which is where my dilemma comes in. Is there any way to configure the audio where I could use the PLAYBAR when it makes sense and the surround sound when I want to?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You need to buy an optical source spliter or source selector. Input TV : output switchable between Sonos or Receiver. they are about £25