Question

Play One and Android phon

• 19 April 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello All -
I would like to use my Android phone (Galaxy S5) to provide a hot spot and an Asus netbook as a controller for one of my Play Ones so that I can have music when away from home - in hotel rooms etc. I am pretty sure that I have seen this described on the web site (It certainly is for iphones) but can't find anything for Android phones. Is anybody able to describe what I need to do please? (And, if I do this, would the music on the phone be playable?)
Thanks,
Ian.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can do this. But make life easier for yourself. Get a travel router. That way you will often be able to stream using the hotel's internet connection (although some will have streaming restrictions) and there are numerous other advantages. I use this one:
http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/PR2000.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Btw, if you use the phone for a hotspot, then no you can't play the music on it.