Answered

Pioneer Elite receiver and Works with Sonos

• 15 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi, I watched the Youtube video explaining the steps to setup a Connect with an Elite compatible receivers. I understand in the steps that you have to select the Elite zones you want the music (main - zone2 - zone3)
QUESTION: If i need main and zone2, will it show in the Sonos app as two different zones that i could power on independently, like if i had two Play Ones?
I don't need to play different music because it is an open erea but i want to be sure that i can select the main or the zone2 or both (group) exactly the same way it already works with Sonos gears.
Want to avoid using Pioneer app to power on zones.
Thanks,
icon

Best answer by Chris 15 October 2018, 19:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
No - your Sonos app and the Connect are a single zone … you can hook up to multiple zones on your receiver but it will be the same stream to all the zones. You have to use the pioneer app to choose your zones the pioneer is playing to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Works with Sonos setup will turn on receiver, set to the Sonos input on the receiver and play to the zones setup as default.

It will not allow you to change zones in the Sonos app.