Answered

Pairing and grouping

• 11 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have just bought a single Sonos Move and am disapointed to discover that it cannot be stereo paired to a sonos suboofer. However, could i group the two together to play in unison? And if so, how would this sound?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 September 2020, 04:35

The Sub can not be bonded to a Move at all. The bonding process requires the ability to use a SonosNet signal, and the Move is the only Sonos speaker that does not have a SonosNet capable Wi-Fi system. 

The Sub would bond with any other Sonos speaker, but never to a Move. Then you can group the Move with that other speaker. Grouping does not require a SonosNet connection. 

View original

3 replies

You can’t set up the Sub as its own room, it has to be bonded to another Sonos speaker. If you were to get a Sonos One SL, for instance, you could bond the Sub to that speaker, and then group your Move’s room with the Sonos One SL’s room. 

Thanks Airgetlam

Alternativly could I pair two Moves and have the sub bonded to those? - or must the other speaker be a Sonos One SL?

Thanks again

The Sub can not be bonded to a Move at all. The bonding process requires the ability to use a SonosNet signal, and the Move is the only Sonos speaker that does not have a SonosNet capable Wi-Fi system. 

The Sub would bond with any other Sonos speaker, but never to a Move. Then you can group the Move with that other speaker. Grouping does not require a SonosNet connection.