Question

Paired Move speakers

• 21 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Recently, when starting our speakers for the first time of the day, only one of my stereo paired Move speakers starts playing.  To correct I have to unpair and re-pair the speakers - this is happening everyday.  We use Amazon Alexa and the S2 app to control speakers and we have recently added a Five speaker to our system.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a permanent fix?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @Redwingsmn.

Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate the detailed post outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

When issues like this spring up,  the more information we can gather will help us resolve the problem. 

• What is the status of the light in the Sonos Move when it’s not playing?
  • How far are the speakers from one another?
  • Is the Move still shows in the app when the issue is happening, or it drops from the app?

NOTE: There are certain Sonos features that are unavailable while Sonos Move is in Bluetooth Mode.

These include speaker grouping, voice assistants, stereo pairing and Auto Trueplay.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue is happening, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

The status light remains white throughout the issue.

The speakers are about 8 feet apart when the issue occurs.

The speakers still show in the app as a stereo pair when the issue occurs.

Based on another post, I power-cycled the speakers yesterday.  This morning it seemed that the issue persisted, however the second speaker started about 10 seconds after the first.

If/when it happens again I will request a diagnostic. 

The issue presented itself again this morning.

I have submitted a diagnostic - Confirmation #400982897

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @Redwingsmn.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic report.

Upon checking the diagnostic report captured, there are no issues detected on your system.

I see on your controller mapping a Wifi network connection that is different from where your Sonos was set up,

perhaps not relevant to this issue but essentially Sonos works best when the controller is connected on the same Wifi network as Sonos.

It shows here that the 3 speakers are currently playing as a group, try to ungroup the speakers and attempt the music playback on just one room/Move (stereo pair) and see if the problem exists.

If the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report and provide us the confirmation number, so I can check the system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes, we’re always here to help.