Question

Other systems -- in other words they work when called upon

I was one of the first idiots to go out and get Sonos -- since then I have a house full of speakers 14 of them. They don't connect, they drop, the volume goes from zero to 100000 by themself - then they no longer appear and you are asked to have speakers join well that creates a new system -- and by the time you get it all figured out -- you have to call the Help Desk -- Unplug them unplug wifi replug in wifi then plug in Sonos one speaker at a time -- oh right start over plug in the boost first then weight and now plug in the speakers -- oh no did you unplug the wifi again before you plugged in the speaker nope - ok unplug wifi wait -------- and now plug in the boost wait …….. ok now all the speakers -- oh plug in your soundbar first then surround -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS -- I have 14 of these things and every time this is what I have to do. I have spent thousands on these speakers not to mention the amount I have spent on my Wifi cause that is always the problem never the speakers -- well my WiFi is now commercial grade clocking at above 1GB per Sec -- and full coverage so much so that my neighbors get angry cause all they can see is my network. I am done with this company and their app reinstalls etc.
Anyone know if other companies build wifi/Bluetooth home speakers that give you options -- I did see the B&O’s which might be the replacement -- which shows I am willing to pay almost anything for music -- that works when its suppose too -- that does not drop.
Today -- and nothing has changed it completely deleted my living room the soundbar, the sub the surround speakers -- all of it then when I go to add in the “missing product (interesting word)” it says it is already in use -- then why (& are you not playing them. Why can I not see them in the rooms selection… I have reset the app, I have turned everything off, I have shut the power off to the townhouse, I have to plug in everything I have gone through the speakers one by one with my ladder in tow hours later NOTHING -- I don't care if it cost me $20K to replace these I just need to get some ideas. Finally, once replaced I will have a Sonos speaker smashing party at my place that I will pay for advertising on local TV stations to air. That is how serious I am about music and this company that seems to think it is ok to have your customer go up and down 20-foot ladders to connect press the button unplug replug oh do it again.
Bottom line - Is B&O the only option or are their others?

Moderator Note: Post Edited for Language 

11 replies

You’re so out of touch ...

:joy:

Userlevel 7

@jsaintjohn19 

What kind of neighbors do you have? :fearful: They have nothing better to do other than open the Wi-Fi app on their tech and look for networks in the area. Geeze...Get a life!:smile:

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Nah, still a Gremlin.  Old, discontinued, and unreliable as can be.  You can't fool me, I used to read the Squeeze forums.  They basically had a sticky thread that said "Load the latest Beta from xxx minutes ago."

You’re so out of touch ...

Still at it - disconnecting reconnecting turning off Wifi turning on Wifi - the app sucks it drops like a hot potato -- it sees all of the speakers then only 1 then says install incomplete -- I did not do an install -- then it can't find Sonos -- well this is the end of the line for this guy -- anyone want 14 Sonos speakers I will give them to you at a deal -- maybe just pay for shipping -- before we have the smashing contest.  Wow I did look at Audiopro (https://us.audiopro.com/) sounds promising --- or maybe old school wire might be best.  

Nah, still a Gremlin.  Old, discontinued, and unreliable as can be.  You can't fool me, I used to read the Squeeze forums.  They basically had a sticky thread that said "Load the latest Beta from xxx minutes ago."

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

American cars were well-known outside the US as being rubbish - almost as bad as post-war British cars.  

My system works (24/7) and has features that Sonos owners can only dream of.

All powered by a 20 usd raspberry zero and open-source software.

You don’t need to spend 1000s to get a decent system .   I just use my sonos devices with Logitech Media Server, along with Libratone Zipps,  and several other brands.  

Guess you need to do some research and not rely just on the manufacturer’s marketing blurb.

Still using that 72 Gremlin to tow your Ferrari?  You Gremlin fans are so cute.

You don’t need to spend 1000s to get a decent system .   I just use my sonos devices with Logitech Media Server, along with Libratone Zipps,  and several other brands.  

Guess you need to do some research and not rely just on the manufacturer’s marketing blurb.

Lol.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Well - I have and will and I will get the unplug everything again -- this has been going on in 3 different home so it is not something static in the house or Wifi the only common denominator is Sonos.

No idea. My fairly large Sonos system has worked without problems for 9 years. I suggest you call Sonos Support.

So you have put up with this for 15 years?