Question

Need Help With Solutions To Error Codes 1001/1002 (Unable to load large lists)

• 8 December 2016
  • 1 reply

(Also posted in the Troubleshooting Forum)

I have a dozen or so Spotify playlists, ranging from a couple hundred songs to over 9,000. I've been successfully playing these Spotify lists through Sonos for a couple years now, although, whenever I would attempt to add any of those larger lists to the Sonos queue, I'd get a 1001 or 1002 Error Code, telling me it timed out . But then a few moments after receiving that error code, the queue would populate anyway. This delay happened so often that it became an expected part of the listening process.
That changed inexplicably a couple days ago. I am no longer able to load any Spotify list containing over 3,000 songs into the Sonos queue.
I live in an old house with heavy plaster walls, and realize this is a contributing factor for why I get those error codes, (and with WiFi signal strength in general). I have moved my Boost as far as possible from the router and anything else that could cause signal noise, such a LED holiday lights. I've unplugged the Boost, the Bridge, and every speaker, then restarted the system. I've changed channels, and gotten all of the available updates, but the problem still exists.
I spoke to a Sonos tech who was extremely helpful, and told me their engineers were aware of such problems, but as of now, only fourteen people, myself included, have reported such issues.
So, does anyone else have this, or a similar problem?
Have you found an effective workaround that "solved" it?
Does anyone know of a hack that would help?
I recently downloaded the new Spotify upgrade which allows the user to operate Sonos directly through Spotify, but Spotify's functionality is subpar to Sonos' ~ you am not able to combine playlists to one larger queue, nor are you able to choose a song from outside of the queue, (or inside the queue, for that matter), and arrange when they are played. And adding the songs from the list chunk-by-chunk is very time consuming.
Suggestions?
Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

as of now, only fourteen people, myself included, have reported such issues.
Extraordinary. It's been well known, and in fact has been reported here for many years, that a queue loading operation which takes an excessive amount of time could throw a timeout error after 15 seconds.

Before the days of online streaming services these errors would appear when trying to deal with very large Imported Playlists. With online services being inherently slower than a local library, it's not unusual to see a playlist of as little as 2000 tracks throw a 1002 error when it's being loaded into a queue. Despite this, as you say, the queue could eventually populate.