Question

NAS not accessible because of invalid credentials

• 25 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to access my NAS filer (nas4free) with my SONOS system. I can select the correct path via the Windows 10 Sonos Controller from the explorer [\\nas4free\media], it then asks for credentials and I provide the CORRECT credentials (how do I know that they are correct? because I can access the very same share from the very same computer (and all other mobile/stationary systems in my home with these credentials). Only if I try via the SONOS app to use the credentials for the share, it tells me: 

Access to this share has been denied, please check if path and credentials are correct.

The share is a samba share (CIFS) and the server setting is set to default meaning, it will offer NT1 , SMB2 and SMB3 protocols and will autonegotiate the protocol with the requester.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Any info in the NAS logs?

If you can’t get SMB v1 enabled there you do have the option to run a SMB (or other file sharing protocol) to SMB v1 gateway that will let you access your music.

Sonos requires SMB1.  

To the best of my knowledge, NT1 is just another name for the SMB1 protocol. Is there a way to log the communication between the SONOS app and the NAS filer (except for tracing on wire level).

I already checked my windows10 for support of the SMB1/NT1 protocol and it is enabled. (Sorry for the german in it,the important information (state: Enabled) is in english).

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName SMB1Protocol

FeatureName      : SMB1Protocol
DisplayName      : Unterstützung für die SMB 1.0/CIFS-Dateifreigabe
Description      : Unterstützung für das SMB 1.0/CIFS-Protokoll zur Dateifreigabe und das Computerbrowserprotokoll.
RestartRequired  : Possible
State            : Enabled
CustomProperties :
                   ServerComponent\Description : Unterstützung für das SMB 1.0/CIFS-Protokoll zur Dateifreigabe und
                   das Computerbrowserprotokoll.
                   ServerComponent\DisplayName : Unterstützung für die SMB 1.0/CIFS-Dateifreigabe
                   ServerComponent\Id : 487
                   ServerComponent\Type : Feature
                   ServerComponent\UniqueName : FS-SMB1
                   ServerComponent\Deploys\Update\Name : SMB1Protocol