Question

NAS not accessible because of invalid credentials

• 25 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to access my NAS filer (nas4free) with my SONOS system. I can select the correct path via the Windows 10 Sonos Controller from the explorer [\\nas4free\media], it then asks for credentials and I provide the CORRECT credentials (how do I know that they are correct? because I can access the very same share from the very same computer (and all other mobile/stationary systems in my home with these credentials). Only if I try via the SONOS app to use the credentials for the share, it tells me: 

Access to this share has been denied, please check if path and credentials are correct.

The share is a samba share (CIFS) and the server setting is set to default meaning, it will offer NT1 , SMB2 and SMB3 protocols and will autonegotiate the protocol with the requester.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos requires SMB1.  

To the best of my knowledge, NT1 is just another name for the SMB1 protocol. Is there a way to log the communication between the SONOS app and the NAS filer (except for tracing on wire level).

I already checked my windows10 for support of the SMB1/NT1 protocol and it is enabled. (Sorry for the german in it,the important information (state: Enabled) is in english).

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName SMB1Protocol

FeatureName      : SMB1Protocol
DisplayName      : Unterstützung für die SMB 1.0/CIFS-Dateifreigabe
Description      : Unterstützung für das SMB 1.0/CIFS-Protokoll zur Dateifreigabe und das Computerbrowserprotokoll.
RestartRequired  : Possible
State            : Enabled
CustomProperties :
                   ServerComponent\Description : Unterstützung für das SMB 1.0/CIFS-Protokoll zur Dateifreigabe und
                   das Computerbrowserprotokoll.
                   ServerComponent\DisplayName : Unterstützung für die SMB 1.0/CIFS-Dateifreigabe
                   ServerComponent\Id : 487
                   ServerComponent\Type : Feature
                   ServerComponent\UniqueName : FS-SMB1
                   ServerComponent\Deploys\Update\Name : SMB1Protocol

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Any info in the NAS logs?

If you can’t get SMB v1 enabled there you do have the option to run a SMB (or other file sharing protocol) to SMB v1 gateway that will let you access your music.