Answered

Move: Using across multiple Sonos systems

• 12 January 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have an office and home that are configured with unique house codes (Sonos ID), both configured as “Sonos Net” wireless, not WiFi (using Boost). With my Move I have it configured for my home Sonos system, so when I take it to my office, I cannot access it via Sonos app unless I factory reset the Move and then join it to the office Sonos system. I am aware that with WiFi direct setups, the Move can store multiple WiFi network credentials. (Ex. Taking the Move to your friends house temporarily). Can the Move also be linked/store multiple house codes / Sonos ID’s to streamline my situation and support being taken between multiple Sonos Net households?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 13 January 2020, 22:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I dont understand hos to connect to network for Move?

Factory reset a different device on the network and add it to the Move. From there, just add the others to the Move’s network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi FRAV, each Sonos device, the Move included, can only remember one Sonos ID at a time. So when you take it back and forth, it will need to re-associate to each household. You might consider merging your households so that all of your devices use the same HHID, even on different networks. That way you can take the Move back and forth easily.

To merge the systems, bring the Move to one location (keeping the old association) and just join the wireless network there. Then, factory reset a different device on the network and add it to the Move. From there, just add the others to the Move’s network. And if you need a wired player or Boost, you can do that too.