Answered

Mounting template for Sonance in-ceiling

• 12 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Does anyone know where I can get the mounting template for the Sonance in-ceiling speakers (I can’t wait till they arrive to get the ones in box)

We are building a house and need to cut the holes next week for 6 speakers. I’ve searched the website and raised a ticket but that could take a week...

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 12 August 2021, 14:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Why do you need to cut the holes before you have the speakers?  Most new construction will just wire behind the walls and put in a blank cover plate where the speaker will be placed.  If you can’t do that for whatever reason, you could just cut a rather small hole, say 2 in in diameter  to hang the wires out of, knowing you’ll just make a bigger hole once you get the template.

That said, the product page for the ceiling speakers says the cutout is 8.25 inches in diameter.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/ceiling-speaker-pair.html

Just make sure you stay away from the studs.

Thanks, yes it was mainly around avoiding the posi-joists when cutting the holes, easier to do in plasterboard when you can see the fixings. The smaller hole in the right place could be enough, but they are cutting all lights etc in advance for a better plaster finish. Thanks for sharing the diameter, I guess the template just gives extra peace of mind. Our bathroom ceiling speakers have the template available online to download scaled.