Question

Marantz amplifier with Bowers & Wilkins Sub

• 14 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi - I have the following setup and very much interested in extending my system with PLAY:1. I used to be in-ceiling speakers which I lost after I moved. Will it be possible to buy multiple PLAY:1 with a couple of goals in mind (1) create a 5:1 setup in my family room (using PLAY speakers and one B&W sub) as home theater, and (2) extend the system using PLAY to stream music from Marantz amplifier? Below are my specs:
1. Marantz amp connected to my Samsung 55"
2. B&W Sub to be connected to Marantz

HELP! Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, neither of those things will be possible.
Userlevel 2
Yes, you can do this. You will have to buy a Connect to allow your Marantz to be connected to the network and then you could group that together with your PLAY speakers.
Yes, you can do this. You will have to buy a Connect to allow your Marantz to be connected to the network and then you could group that together with your PLAY speakers.
True, in part.

The OP's first request was to add PLAY:1s to the Marantz to create a 5.1 setup. This is not possible.

You could potentially direct stereo output from the Marantz to a CONNECT, and thence to PLAY speakers. However it would incur a 70ms delay and therefore not play in sync with the conventional speakers attached to the Marantz.