Answered

make stereo pair with 2 Sonos 1 different account

• 27 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi, we have 2 Sonos 1 on 2 different accounts. Is it possible to make a stereo pair with 2 accounts or must the both be on one account?

As far as I can see it must be one account.

Reason is 1 is mine and the other one is from a friend. It would be nice to make a pair easy and then after disconnect the pair.

BR

Nor

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 28 March 2020, 18:01

Hello @famtool. Welcome to the Community. @melvimbe is correct. While both speakers are set up on the same WiFi network, they are two separate systems and cannot see one another. If you wanted to pair them together, you would need to reset one speaker back to factory settings, and then add it to the other system. 

If you intend to go back and forth on pairing them, and then unpairing them. I recommend leaving them on the same system, and only grouping them when you want them to play together. If you want to remove a speaker,from the group then all you need to do is press a button in the application. This way you won’t have to reset a speaker every time.

This will mean that both speakers will be registered to one Sonos account. However, you can still play your music to your speaker by adding your music services to the system.

View original

6 replies

No that’s not possible. Is this a roommate type situation where you will want to use them as a stereo pair long term?  If so, I’d put them both under one account, then you can split back into two after you are no longer need the pair long term.

Hello @famtool. Welcome to the Community. @melvimbe is correct. While both speakers are set up on the same WiFi network, they are two separate systems and cannot see one another. If you wanted to pair them together, you would need to reset one speaker back to factory settings, and then add it to the other system. 

If you intend to go back and forth on pairing them, and then unpairing them. I recommend leaving them on the same system, and only grouping them when you want them to play together. If you want to remove a speaker,from the group then all you need to do is press a button in the application. This way you won’t have to reset a speaker every time.

This will mean that both speakers will be registered to one Sonos account. However, you can still play your music to your speaker by adding your music services to the system.

Thank you for your answers.

I think it will be best to buy one extra so we can keep a pair and a seperate one.

How can i close this question?

You don’t really have to do anything further as others may have similar questions and want to add to your thread.  But you can select the post that you consider the “Best answer”, to also assist others looking for answers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a similar situation in that I’d like to stereo pair two Moves – one that is mine and a second that I purchased for my parents (but want to see what they sound like together before I gift it) and may use for parties. What’s the best way to use them as a pair? Do I have to factory reset before giving it to my parents?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Connecting a speaker to a new system/different Sonos accountrequires a reset, yes.