Make my system private

• 12 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I am a college student and I live with 4 other roommates. I have 3 play 1's, a playbar and a sub. I do not want any of my roommates to have access to my system. Sonos please make it so you have to log into your system when you download the controller!!!! This is extremely frustrating because I have spend a lot of money on these and I do not want them to have access to my speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

If this doesn't get added in a semi quick fashion, I'm going to be forced to disable my system due to my roommates not caring about other peoples thing whatsoever so Sonos please help me out!!!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Put the units on their own WiFi or wired network and don't share the password. If you don't have access to the router at your place try a travel router connected to the gateway wirelessly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It's not going to happen in time for you. Why not buy your own cheap travel router and set up your own private sub wifi network?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, gingerkid20 Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward your request along to the team for consideration and visibility. In the meantime, Sononos_fan and bockersjv both offer helpful suggestions with a travel router.

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
yea travel router way to go.
If you create a network hotspot on your computer and connect your phone to that network and setup your devices, It might work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
As an FYI. Hotspot device can’t also be a controller.