Loudness limiter scheduler - Help making sure that the neighbours do not hear the fat base after sleeping hours

• 26 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have two play:5 and one play:1 and I like to have them all on around the house to distribute the sound evenly. It sounds great, too great actually, so great that when comes 10 pm, my neighbors can hear the base.

I know that there is a loudness checkbox per device but switching them on and off (as well as modulating the EQ) before or at 10 pm to be mindful towards others can be a pain.

So it would be great to have the ability to auto-modulate the EQ / loudness coming to a specific time of night and perhaps even morning 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The loudness switch is meant to subtly boost the bass at low sound levels and isn't meant to do what you are seeking. Nor is the EQ.
Badge
Thanks for your response Kumar and so yes I am already aware of that. My comment above was more of a feature request based on a customer need 🙂
Since you spoke about using them after 10 pm to be mindful of others being painful, I thought otherwise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, julesmoretti. Thanks for posting and sharing your idea. As someone who has neighbors on both sides of them, I can absolutely see the value in a feature like this. I'll be sure to make sure this is passed along to the team.Thanks again for the feedback!
Badge
Thank you Keith!