Question

LG OLED TV Remote Controller

• 28 October 2016
  • 6 replies

unable to use TV remote to control Sonos PLAYBAR volume when watching TV on my LG OLED Smart TV running on WEB OS 2.0 operating system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi RoyBoy58, welcome to the Sonos community. Can you tell us the exact model number of the TV? We can check if the remote is compatible. It sounds like you might be using the 'magic remote' which does not use the kind of IR signals the PLAYBAR can recognize. If this is the case, then the only answer would be to configure another remote to control the PLAYBAR, such as a universal remote, or just the remote you use for a set-top box. This article describes how to configure the PLAYBAR to learn a new remote code.
The lg smart remote uses RF, not IR. It can't control the playbar. I'm in the same boat.
Find the UNIVERSAL CONTROL feature within the LG Menu. Select SOUNDBAR, then PHILLIPS for the manufacture. Then go into the Sonos App, go to SETTINGS, then ROOM SETTINGS, then select your Playbar room. You will see an option for TV SETUP AND CONTROL, then REMOTE CONTROL SETUP. Follow these prompts and you should be set!

Connected: LG: OLED55B6V to Sonos Sound Bar
What "Luuk" wrote down that is work with LG OLED65E6V REMOTE CONTROL
Find the UNIVERSAL CONTROL feature within the LG Menu. Select SOUNDBAR, then PHILLIPS for the manufacture. Then go into the Sonos App, go to SETTINGS, then ROOM SETTINGS, then select your Playbar room. You will see an option for TV SETUP AND CONTROL, then REMOTE CONTROL SETUP. Follow these prompts and you should be set!

Connected: LG: OLED55B6V to Sonos Sound Bar

Dude you are a god send! This worked on my LG OLEDE65P
I found the Universal Control feature on my OLED65C7P...haven't been able to pair up to my SONOS. using the Philips option,,,there is no SONOS option...any other ideas?