Question

LG Magic Remote to Control Sonos AMP that is in a different location

• 17 June 2020
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I have been having trouble the past few months trying to find a solution to a problem I’ve been having with my setup, so I decided I’d write something here to see if I could get any advice. 

My set up currently consists of four in-ceiling speakers and a sub, powered by two Sonos amps. The amps are located in a rack upstairs. The speakers are connected to my LG C9 TV, which uses a Magic Remote. Sound and picture works fine, the issue I am have is controlling the volume of my TV with my remote. Currently I can only change the volume with the Sonos app, which is very hard for my mom, as she is not “tech savvy” enough to learn how to use the Sonos app. The LG Magic Remote uses RF, so the IR I ran from the amp to the TV doesn't work with the remote.

The house was only wired for Cat6 cables, which is everything that is going into the rack room upstairs. I wanted to wire an HDMI cable from the ARC port in the TV to the AMP, but it won't be possible due to the houses wiring. Do any of you have any suggestions on how I can control the TV volume with the Magic Remote?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!