Question

Increase my DHCP pool to be able to add more amps to my system

• 19 May 2020
  • 7 replies

I was on w/ sonos support trying to add in 2 additional zp100’s to my sonos system and the amps show up on app for about 10 min then they disappear.  The sonos technician said I need to increase my DHC pool because i don’t have anymore available ip addresses for those 2 additional amps.  They use temporary ip’s that’s why they appear for about 10 min then go away.  How do I increase my DHC pool?  I have charter internet with an Arris modem and apple airport extreme router/wifi?  what do i need to do in order to increase my dhc pool to add more available ip’s so i can add these 2 additional amps.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks  

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It could also be a too-small NAT table in the router, which causes similar problems. When this happened on my system, I bought myself a new router, with a much larger NAT table.

To increase the DHCP pool range check the documentation for your Apple hardware. NAT table size is usually not adjustable.

Probably time for a new, modern router, frankly.

Hi

My modem/router is less than 2 years old, its an Arris TM 1602 and its the best modem/router charter has to offer...What should I do?

is there anyway to delete old ip’s to make room for new ones?

The TM1602 is a cable modem. The Airport Extreme is your router. I’m surprised it’s run out of IPs in the pool. How many devices do you have on the network? A quick google suggests the pool range is x.x.x.2 to x.x.x.254.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi

My modem/router is less than 2 years old, its an Arris TM 1602 and its the best modem/router charter has to offer...What should I do?

You said you had an Apple Airport router, those are ancient. Which device runs your DHCP server, the Arris or the Apple?

I long gave up using the router from my ISP, I use AmpliFi hardware these days.

Just turned on an old airport extreme that had been factory reset. Default DHCP range is 2-200 so plenty of IP’s. But we don’t know which device is handing out IP’s.

The Extreme. The Arris box is a modem.