How to pair arc and play 5 speakers for differnet modes?

• 2 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have a sonos arc and two play 5s in the same room. I have the play fives paired with the arc as surround sound for watching movies. I would like to be able to switch modes from “theater” to “music”.

In theater mode the arc would be the main channel speaker with the play fives as surround. In music mode, the play 5s would unpair with the arc and the play 5s would be right/left channel. I’m also thinking of adding a subwoofer and I would like it to switch modes.

Is this possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, this is not possible at the moment. You could choose the “full” setting for music, but then the Arc would still play when playing music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No, this is not possible at the moment. You could choose the “full” setting for music, but then the Arc would still play when playing music.

And you can set a “bias” to send more volume to the Surrounds during music playback. It’s under Settings/System/roomname/Surround Audio. 

Thank you. Switching to “full” setting for music really helped!