Answered

How to connect Beam (gen2) to everything for dummies

• 25 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all I need some help…

I can’t seem to find a clear step by step of how to do what I’m trying to do, which is connect our Beam (gen 2) so it functions in the easiest way possible with all (or as many as possible) of our devices. 
We have an LG OLED C1 (picture below for all ports), at minimum we’d like to connect our Apple TV 4K (2nd gen) and our PS5 to function with the Beam. If we could get the XBox on there too that would be great, the Nintendo switch doesn’t really need to be connected to the Beam but for the sake of this exercise if someone wanted to connect as much as possible, how would we do it? Willing to buy whatever connector necessary. 

thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 February 2022, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Make sure Simplink (CEC) is enabled in your TV settings. Run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app. When the app instructs you to, connect the Beam to the HDMI eARC/ARC port (HDMI 2) on the TV using the HDMI cable that came with the Beam. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect the Apple TV 4K, Xbox, and PS5 to the remaining HDMI ports.

If you want to connect the Nintendo Switch, you need to add an HDMI switch so you will have more HDMI ports. This is the HDMI switch I use:

https://www.amazon.com/ROOFULL-Switch-Vision-Switcher-Compatible/dp/B07CF793HQ

The HDMI switch will connect to any of the remaining HDMI ports. You can connect two, three, or all four devices to this switch.