Question

How to connect a Sonos Beam to Optoma ZH500UST for Audio

• 7 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

Would love some advice on what I need to connect a Sonos Beam to an Optoma ZH500UST for Audio OUT. I am in the UK so any amazon links to what convertors/switches/wires I need would be awesome.

The projector does not have HDMI ARC but from previous posts there was a mention of using the HDMI Optical cable (extension) that comes with the Beam to connect to the projector but there is no port on the projector for that. 

Thanks in advance for the advice.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @AMB99, thank you for reaching our and welcome to the community.

Our home theater speakers were designed to be used with TVs. Projectors are not a supported setup for our home theater products.

I suggest getting in touch with the manufacturer, we would need to know what audio output it has.

For reference, here are our supported audio formats. There will be a small portion of supported home theater audio formats in the article.

If it has the supported format, connect the beam with the HDMI-ARC port. Take a diagnostic and I’ll check if it receives the signal.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out. The community is here to help.

And, there’s a plethora of threads in the Home Theater area of the forums that address this kind of thing. While I certainly don’t recommend it, it can be done, most frequently with an HDMI switch that has an optical output, and some pretty long cables, since the speaker is usually extremely distant from where the switch and projector are.