Answered

How to Add 1 Sonos One to Existing Stereo Pair of Sonos Ones

• 26 February 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a Playbar, Sub and 2 Sonos Ones in my living room. I have a 3rd Sonos One in the kitchen which is connected to the living room essentially making it one large room. I currently have them grouped together but I want the kitchen One to be able to control the living room volume via the physical buttons and Alexa commands initiated from the kitchen to control the living room. Basically I'd like to just have all 3 Ones added to the living room but that doesn't seem possible. For a long time I just swapped the right side living room One and the kitchen One which accomplished the control issue but of course sacrificed on the sound. Is there a proper way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 February 2022, 13:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What if I buy another Sonos One and add them both to my living room so I have 2 pairs of surrounds? Can that be done?

No, you cannot have 2 pairs of surrounds.

Thanks for your help.

No, you can only ‘group’ the two Sonos rooms together, as you’re doing currently. There’s no way to ‘bond’ the Sonos One permanently to become part of the Playbar HT setup.  

What if I buy another Sonos One and add them both to my living room so I have 2 pairs of surrounds? Can that be done?

No, unfortunately not, you almost have the max. devices that can be bonded to a Sonos HT setup …there’s only a 2nd Sub (gen3) that can be added in your case.

Sorry to say, but just the two rear surrounds only are allowed. Grouping the Sonos rooms, as you do now, is your only option with your HT setup.