How do I save music source settings for remote deployment to aged care homes?

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
The community radio station I volunteer at is looking at Sonos as a way of deploying our silver memories music service to aged care homes. The idea is that the Sonos device is configured and tested in our radio station and then sent by courier to the aged care home.

Ideally they just power it up, plug the Ethernet port into their LAN and push the play button on top of the Sonos device.

Unfortunately it seems that the Sonos device does not remember what it played last. You have to connect the Sonos app to the device and then select the sound source.

I guess what I want is for the Sonos device to be persistent in terms of the content source. Is there a way to do that?

If not, I think it would be a great feature. It would be wonderful to be able to "lock down" the device to a preset configuration that the device remembers - no app needed.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, 4MBS. That sounds like a great initiative, though sadly, a speaker does not retain what was last playing. Not even following a reboot, let alone on a fresh installation. I'm not sure how precisely we would go about getting this to work, nonetheless, I will be sure to forward the request to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings