Question

Ethernet and WiFi use?

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know if you can run one speaker from an Ethernet port and another from wifi and have it sync from one network computer for a playlist. 

I have an office setting that runs 6 One, or One SL ( I need to verify which) with a Sonos Boost. I would like to hardwire the front of the office setting, 3 speakers connected via ethernet and run the other 3 of the back office off of WiFi. I would like these to be control from our receptionist front computer so we can keep the music consistent throughout the office. 

Can anyone confirm this before I go running cables. 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @Ducati796.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

You can try that setup you want, I'm just worried about having wifi interference if the 3 wireless speakers are too far away from other Sonos speakers.

Normally we advise the distance of 15feet from the speaker to the router.

Here’s the article regarding how to Reduce wireless interference This article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. Reducing wireless interference can help issues with Sonos like audio dropouts or speakers disappearing from the app.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.